Monday, March 2, 2009

Time to Refocus Before the Move

Right now, I have about 30 subscribers and I'm grateful for every one of you. In the grand scheme of things, Chasing Change is not a widely read blog just yet - and that's OK.

Truth be told, it's taken me some time to figure out what my niche really is.

So here's my niche. Going forward, I'll be focusing the laser on tow things that are very important to me and are hopefully interesting and helpful to you:

  1. Entrepreneurs. I live in Columbus, OH where entrepreneurs are driving change. In 2008, Forbes published a list of the Top 10 Up and Coming Tech Cities. While this was mostly in medical technology and driven by Battelle Memorial Institute's contributions to the market place, Columbus topped the list at number one. With available resources like TechColumbus and the Ohio TechAngels working to create an environment and culture that helps entrepreneurs bring their ideas to reality. I'll be the one tapping into that scene, bringing video interviews with the best and brightest members of Columbus's innovators. You'll also see case studies on how business owners are leveraging new web technology to drive results to their door.

  2. The New Web. Just my opinion - but terms like social media and web 2.0 are going out of style. They no longer work because they are too limiting in terms of their description of how the Internet has changed in recent years. I like New Web as a term because it's all encompassing - it's a reflection of how the web is viewed as a result of people being able to connect with people AND information. That said, 'll talk about things like how Search is changing because of platforms like Twitter and blogs. I'll talk about social networking strategies and ideas for how we can use these new communications tools.

    My goal is 4 E's:
  • Expose - Keep you up to speed on how and what New Web tools are available
  • Educate - Teach you how you can use these new communication tools and how they can work together for the best results.
  • Engage - Share ideas and strategies with you so you can find creative ways to adapt them to match your objectives and talk with you about the application.
  • Examples - Provide you with a platform to post your case studies on what worked, what didn't with your new approach and why. (Guest bloggers are always welcome. Just contact me.)
So there you have it. That's what Chasing Change will be about from now on.

Are you still interested in reading? Is there anything you would suggest as an interesting topic I could write on?

PS. I'm already in process of moving Chasing Change to a Wordpress platform. This is a good move that will provide me with more of the tools I need to make this the best it can be.

I'll let you know when that's official. If you're still on board, you'll need to re-subscribe to that feed to get your updates.

I can't stress enough - I really appreciate you reading...

(photo credit: Jane Rahman)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate you reading.